The WELL building standard focuses solely on the health and wellness of the people in the building. According to WELL, certified™ spaces can lead to a built environment that assists in improving the nutrition, fitness, mood, sleep, comfort and performance of its occupants.
WELL addresses the following seven categories of wellness:
While most of WELL is designed to encourage healthy and more active lifestyles, there are a few criteria relevant to interior finishes.
VOC Reduction (Criteria 4)
To minimize the effect of VOCs in building materials on indoor air quality, furniture and furnishings must be low-VOC.
The following Unika Vaev products are low-VOC:
Toxic Material Reduction (Criteria 25)
To minimize the impact of hazardous building material chemicals on indoor air quality and protect the health of manufacturing and maintenance workers.
The following products are free of PFCs, flame retardants, phthalates and urea formaldehyde:
- LIFE Textiles + Wool-rich Textiles
- High Performance Vinyls
- ecoustic® Felt Faced Panels
- ecoustic® Wall + Ceiling Tiles
- ecoustic® Baffles
- ecoustic® Intersect
- ecoustic® Veneer
- ecoustic® Timber Blade Panels + ecoustic® Timber Ceiling Blades
- Select Contemporary Leathers products
Enhanced Material Safety (Criteria 26)
To minimize the impact of hazardous building material ingredients on indoor air quality and protect the health of manufacturing and maintenance workers by selecting products that have been independently verified to be free of many suspected hazards.
While our products have not been tested to the American standards listed, our products meet third party certifications such as Greentag, Oeko Tex and EU Ecolabel.
- LIFE Textiles
- Greentag-certified ecoustic® products
- Oeko-Tex certified ecoustic® products
Surface Design (Criteria 59)
Walls should have an average Light Reflectance Values (LRV) of 0.7 (70%) or more for at least 50% of surface area directly visible from regularly occupied spaces.
Unika Vaev products that are white or off-white will achieve a LRV of 0.7 or over.
Thermal Comfort (Criteria 76)
Reverberation Time (Criteria 78)
To help maintain comfortable sound levels by limiting reverberation times, the following spaces have maximum reverberation time (RT60), conference rooms 0.6 sec and open work-spaces 0.5 sec:
The products listed below in Sound Reducing Surfaces can assist in achieving these reverberation times if incorporated into the building design.
Sound Reducing Surfaces (Criteria 80)
To reduce sound reverberation and maintain comfortable sound levels though absorptive ceiling and vertical surfaces
For open work-spaces, ceiling products must meet a minimum NRC 0.9
- ecoustic® Ceiling Flats 0.94″ + 0.98″
- Timber Ceiling Blade 3018-14 with infill and 15.75″ air cavity
- Timber Ceiling Blade 3018-17 with infill and 15.75″ air cavity
- Timber Ceiling Blade 1830-13 with infill and 15.75″ air cavity
- ecoustic Sculpt™ with air gap and infill
For conference and teleconference rooms, ceiling products must meet a minimum NRC 0.8
As above +
- ecoustic® Torque Ceiling Tile with air cavity
- ecoustic® Ceiling Flats 0.31″, 0.47″ + 0.53″ with air gap
- ecoustic® Veneer (Perforated)
- ecoustic® Float
For vertical surfaces, wall products must meet a minimum NRC 0.8.
- ecoustic® Panel 0.98″ + 1.97″
- ecoustic® Prints 0.98″ + 1.97″
- ecoustic® Veneer (Perforated)
- ecoustic® Bond + Infill
- ecoustic® Domino + Infill
- ecoustic® Drift + Infill
- ecoustic® Foliar + Infill
- ecoustic® Linear + Infill
- ecoustic® Matrix Wall + Infill
- ecoustic® Torque Wall + Infill
Material Transparency (Criteria 97)
To promote material transparency along the supply chain, products can meet this criteria if they have been independently verified by disclosure standards such as Declare and HPDs.
The following acoustic products have an EPD.
- ecoustic® Panels (50% recycled content)
- ecoustic® Screens (50% recycled content)
- ecoustic® Tiles (50% recycled content) – Bond, Domino, Drift, Linear, Matrix Wall, Matrix Ceiling, Torque Wall + Torque Ceiling
- ecoustic® Felt (50% recycled content)
- ecoustic® Ceiling Flats 0.53″ + 0.98″ (50% recycled content)
- ecoustic® Baffle 0.47″ + 0.98″ (50% recycled content)