Scala XL is an enlarged version of Anya Sebton’s influential sound-absorbent Scala. Scala XL is developed to improve the soundscape in large and noisy spaces such as assembly halls, auditoriums, lobbies, and shopping malls. Scala XL’s interplay of shape and material has a powerful sound absorbing effect.
The increase of size not only amplifies its acoustic capacity, but also affects its aesthetic qualities. Scala XL has a bold, sculptural appearance. The design is inspired by arched roofs, and columns.
– Scala XL tiles are available in two different versions, ‘convex’ or ‘concave’.
– Scala XL concave tiles are offered as a stand-alone single tile, or as a group to be placed directly next to each other. It is important that each end of the Scala XL concave pattern is finished by a “right” and/or a “left” tile in order to produce a beautiful completion of the waveform. Between these only fit “Middle” modules. This only pertains to the Scala XL concave modules.
– Scala XL convex modules do not need a left or right module to complete an installation.
– Scala XL is suspended from a wall by using concealed metal fittings.
– Scala is available in several different coverings with the compositions indicated below:
— Focus + Focus Mélange fabric 100% New Zealand Wool
— Divina fabric 100% New Wool
— Snow White fabric 100% Polyester
— Soundfelt 100% Polyester (51% recycled Polyester)
– Please Note: Scala panels CANNOT be cut in the field.